accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo site Bootstrapped
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 20:37:17 GMT
I think the new site is just about ready. Latest updates:

- Replaced social network icons with approved graphics from the sites
themselves. (Excellent catch Josh.)
- Switched to better external link icons, moved icons to left of link text.
- Added IRC channel link to sidebar.
- Added bylaws and governance pages to nav menu.
- Updated look and feel for several pages, including downloads,
screenshots, and mailing lists.
- Added link to Accumulo Summit site to sidebar.
- Merged in changes made to production site since this version was
branched, so content is current.

The only significant piece left is improving the features page, which Josh
indicated he might like to try. I can take a stab at it otherwise. It's fun.

How would we like to handle the transition to this site? Is a vote a good
idea? I would propose lazy approval with a three-day period, falling back
to consensus in case of an irreconcilable veto. The vote can be pinned to a
specific SVN repo version.

As always, thanks for your continued input. If I've missed anyone's
suggestions, please let me know.

Bill H

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com>wrote:

> Thanks David!
>
> Re social icons: This post is interesting (google "social icons
> trademark"):
>
> http://angiemakes.com/improper-use-social-media-icons/
>
> I'll redo the icons according to the branding guidelines for the
> respective sites. Good catch Josh!
>

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:05 PM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Very Nice, Bill.
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > The nav menus now expand on hover. It was surprisingly easy. You may
>> need
>> > to force-reload to get it to start working.
>> >
>> > I gotta hope that using the social icons is OK, but we should check to
>> be
>> > sure. The icons are not in fact pulled from those source sites, but are
>> > part of the GLYPHICONS set (glyphicons.com).
>> >
>> > Josh - or anyone - holler when you have patched content committed, and
>> I'll
>> > update with it!
>> >
>> > Bill

>> > read

> [...]