accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo wiki
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:26:45 GMT
I'll post the most salient bit IMO from the thread, as I was having trouble
reaching the link (ASF's infrastructure being a bit wonky there, I guess).
This was from Mike Van:

---

When ServiceMix tried to move more aggressively to Wiki, James Strachan
(uber committer extra-ordinaire) said the following:

Finding contributions are very rare in documentation from non
committers (and anyone who provides a decent amount of docs as a patch
should be a committer anyway IMHO) - so the wiki isn't that big a deal
really; the actual committers typically would rather be able to edit
the docs using text editors (search & replace FTW!).

---

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283