accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Action changes
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 15:49:52 GMT
-1

Removing the line with no substitute is unacceptable. It can be implied
that code changes are not subject to review and/or community approval,
without the alluded-to commit and review standard in place. I doubt any
Apache project's bylaws omit the line (checked: Hadoop, HBase, Hive,
ZooKeeper, Pig).

It's better to work the commit and review policy, and then update the line
accordingly.

Also, the rule has also been in place for less than two hours. Really. It
hasn't even proven to be a problem yet. This drama is unbecoming to our
community.

Bill H

--
// Bill Havanki