accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo site Bootstrapped
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 18:02:30 GMT
The nav menus now expand on hover. It was surprisingly easy. You may need
to force-reload to get it to start working.

I gotta hope that using the social icons is OK, but we should check to be
sure. The icons are not in fact pulled from those source sites, but are
part of the GLYPHICONS set (glyphicons.com).

Josh - or anyone - holler when you have patched content committed, and I'll
update with it!

Bill

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, inclusion of the twitter/linkedin/github images introduces us to
> trademark concerns that should be considered. Thankfully, I believe I read
> into twitter's and github's before and there wasn't anything "scary" about
> them.
>
> https://about.twitter.com/press/brand-assets
> http://press.linkedin.com/Media-Resources?SubjectID=644
> https://github.com/logos
>

> On 4/9/14, 12:58 PM, Bill Havanki wrote:
>
>> Latest updates available, based on all your feedback:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~bhavanki/accumulo-bootstrapped/
>>
>> - The nav bar is now fixed to the top of the page despite scrolling.
>> - There is a sidebar! The logo is there, plus some other stuff.
>> - External links in the nav menu have a little icon now. Just noticed I
>> put
>> them to the right, not left. My bad. Easy to switch 'em.
>>
>> The features page is still not all that great. I agree with Josh it needs
>> something, maybe conversion to tables. I did experiment with changing the
>> whole page content to a set of tabs, which looks keen but makes the markup
>> more complex, and less Markdown, so there's a tension there. I think
>> people
>> should just start playing with it. :)
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I solicited some ideas from a colleague, and he recommended maybe
>>> putting the Accumulo logo in the menu, or maybe an alternate version,
>>> without the surrounding boxes.
>>>
>>> He also recommended utilizing the scrolling nav bar (especially for
>>> long pages), as on http://getbootstrap.com/components/
>>>
>>> It would also be good to add icons to the left of menu items,
>>> especially to denote external links, vs. navigation within the
>>> Accumulo pages.
>>>
>>> We can also consider fixing the top nav bar to the top of the page
>>> when scrolling (for large enough screen sizes).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Christopher L Tubbs II
>>> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

>>> breaks.