accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: SQL layer over Accumulo?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:04:38 GMT
sql on accumulo would not satisfy "a query language on accumulo" in my opinion.  There are
certain things that just don't make sense in sql with some more flexible schemas.

I'm actually talking about this subject at the accumulo meetup next week:  http://www.meetup.com/Accumulo-Users-DC/events/178839102/

Not being a downer on the idea as i think phoenix support would be cool, just saying a query
language to support everything that people have done with accumulo is something other than
sql.