accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL layer over Accumulo?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:45:44 GMT
James,

Thanks for reaching out.

Like Eric said, I'm a little scared because I know that Phoenix is
rather baked into HBase's API. But, that's half the fun in writing some
new code :)

I'd be happy to help evaluate what this would look like - what is
different (both good and bad) in Accumulo. Like was previously
mentioned, targeting the Accismus (Percolator) prototype to generate the
secondary indices would, IMO, be the best target here. I know it's in
the very early stages right now, but I still believe that it would be
the long-term solution.

- Josh