accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.6.0-RC1
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 05:14:46 GMT
-1 due to the large performance regression (~40% degradation) identified
by Jonathan Park in ACCUMULO-2668

Additionally, it would be nice to get ACCUMULO-2665 to ensure that we
can unit test against Apache Hadoop 2.4.0 for 1.6.0, but I am not -1 on
that issue alone (just -0 if it comes to that).

Aside from those two, the rest of the release looks pretty good to me:

* Used 86a9a8a1 to run unit and integration tests against Apache Hadoop
2.2.0, 2.3.0, and 2.4.0 (with ACCUMULO-2665 caveat for 2.4.0)
* Verified sigs and hashes for tarballs (didn't write a script to verify
all sigs from the staging repo -- I trust nexus here)
* Ran short CI+verification on Apache Hadoop 2.3.0
* Ran short CI on Apache Hadoop 2.4.0 (ran into an issue with launching
the verification job -- maybe it's just me doing something dumb?)
* Verified basic compatibility with Apache Pig 0.13.0-SNAPSHOT (caveat
PIG-3885). Read/Write data, join two tables.
* Downloaded source tarball, built jars and nativemaps, ran unit and
integration tests, and tested basic read/write test on Apache Hadoop 2.3.0
* Downloaded binary tarball, built nativemaps, tested basic read/write
on Apache Hadoop 2.3.0

One final (repeated) comment, the binary tarball lack of a prebuilt
native map. I believe this merits mention in the release notes before
those are finalized. I will update this.