accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo site Bootstrapped
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:12:13 GMT
Oops -- sorry, I was making edits as I went. Didn't think about where I
put them all the time :D

Body at 16px def looked nicer to me, I'm sure sidebar at 14 is fine.

On 4/11/14, 9:42 AM, Bill Havanki wrote:
> Awesome, thanks for the updates. They are live on my temporary site.
>
> I set the font size in the sidebar back to 14px, since it looked too big to
> me now that the sidebar is skinnier. The body is still 16px. See if you
> like it, and if not I'll happily make it 16px again.
>
> I also put your CSS changes (font-size 16px, removing nowrap on code
> blocks) into accumulo.css and restored bootstrap.css and bootstrap.min.css
> to their untouched state. That way we can easily plop in updated bootstrap
> versions later without the need to hand-edit them.
>
> Thanks again!
>

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Bill,
>>
>> I just pushed some changes. I mostly changed things to help the flow of
>> the page.
>>
>> - Shrink sidebar and "download" button, center justifying too.
>> - Reworked some header tag (h1->h2, h3->h2, etc)
>> - Reduced width of copyright to be slightly less prone to widows
>> - Fixed grammar/capitalization issues
>> - Fixed broken links
>>
>> The biggest part is that the sidebar stood out way too far and looked
>> goofy with the huge download "button". A few other things are a little
>> weird looking to me still, but I think it's an improvement over what we
>> currently have! Would love to see this pushed in concert with 1.6.0.
>>

>> On 4/10/14, 4:37 PM, Bill Havanki wrote:
>>
>>> I think the new site is just about ready. Latest updates:
>>>
>>> - Replaced social network icons with approved graphics from the sites
>>> themselves. (Excellent catch Josh.)
>>> - Switched to better external link icons, moved icons to left of link
>>> text.
>>> - Added IRC channel link to sidebar.
>>> - Added bylaws and governance pages to nav menu.
>>> - Updated look and feel for several pages, including downloads,
>>> screenshots, and mailing lists.
>>> - Added link to Accumulo Summit site to sidebar.
>>> - Merged in changes made to production site since this version was
>>> branched, so content is current.
>>>
>>> The only significant piece left is improving the features page, which Josh
>>> indicated he might like to try. I can take a stab at it otherwise. It's
>>> fun.
>>>
>>> How would we like to handle the transition to this site? Is a vote a good
>>> idea? I would propose lazy approval with a three-day period, falling back
>>> to consensus in case of an irreconcilable veto. The vote can be pinned to
>>> specific SVN repo version.
>>>
>>> As always, thanks for your continued input. If I've missed anyone's
>>> suggestions, please let me know.
>>>
>>> Bill H
>>>

>>> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>   Thanks David!

Just

Josh it

I think

now. I think

side of the body
on smaller

faint gray bottom

I think

a step back in terms

some underlining

to process.

a 12-column grid system,

of that grid. We can

of that horizontal space

Drob <madrob@cloudera.com

Bill Havanki

version of our site is now

branch:

who wants to pitch in to get

look decent after the conversion.
be navigated to and from

changes to the live site since

sync up just before switching.)

Subversion, I can update my

own environment

releasing this site update

past and future feedback.

PM, Bill Havanki <

PM, Bill Havanki <

CMS tool in a VM and use it to build

else wants to do the same,

for installing the CMS - I found

of there being lots of absolute

in the generated content dir and

I'll create a branch for the

kick it off with my prototype

at 6:11 PM, Al Krinker <

at work for about 2 years

things. However, we ran into

custom js scripts and got into

is not js heavy, so Twitter

Let me know if you need help.

at 2:57 PM, Josh Elser <

of maintaining a separate

staged separately to avoid holding the

work on this.

PM, Keith Turner wrote:

> [...]
Mar 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Josh

aware of anything that gives you the nice

to edit pages in my web

Cloudera Govt Solutions