accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo site Bootstrapped
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 02:38:06 GMT
Bill,

I just pushed some changes. I mostly changed things to help the flow of
the page.

- Shrink sidebar and "download" button, center justifying too.
- Reworked some header tag (h1->h2, h3->h2, etc)
- Reduced width of copyright to be slightly less prone to widows
- Fixed grammar/capitalization issues
- Fixed broken links

The biggest part is that the sidebar stood out way too far and looked
goofy with the huge download "button". A few other things are a little
weird looking to me still, but I think it's an improvement over what we
currently have! Would love to see this pushed in concert with 1.6.0.

On 4/10/14, 4:37 PM, Bill Havanki wrote:
> I think the new site is just about ready. Latest updates:
>
> - Replaced social network icons with approved graphics from the sites
> themselves. (Excellent catch Josh.)
> - Switched to better external link icons, moved icons to left of link text.
> - Added IRC channel link to sidebar.
> - Added bylaws and governance pages to nav menu.
> - Updated look and feel for several pages, including downloads,
> screenshots, and mailing lists.
> - Added link to Accumulo Summit site to sidebar.
> - Merged in changes made to production site since this version was
> branched, so content is current.
>
> The only significant piece left is improving the features page, which Josh
> indicated he might like to try. I can take a stab at it otherwise. It's fun.
>
> How would we like to handle the transition to this site? Is a vote a good
> idea? I would propose lazy approval with a three-day period, falling back
> to consensus in case of an irreconcilable veto. The vote can be pinned to a
> specific SVN repo version.
>
> As always, thanks for your continued input. If I've missed anyone's
> suggestions, please let me know.
>
> Bill H
>

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks David!
>>
>> Re social icons: This post is interesting (google "social icons
>> trademark"):
>>
>> http://angiemakes.com/improper-use-social-media-icons/
>>
>> I'll redo the icons according to the branding guidelines for the
>> respective sites. Good catch Josh!
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:05 PM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Very Nice, Bill.
>>>

>>> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com

> [...]