accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Reviewing design documents
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 17:49:36 GMT
Granted, the syntax is probably expressive enough to read, but viewing
it in plaintext isn't the same as having it "rendered".

The lack of varying font size is probably the most noticeable problem.
Trying to read a table in raw markdown is also a good example. Code
snippets also are difficult to read.

If I'm going to read something high-level, it would be nice to read it
something other than plaintext. Switching between a plaintext and
richtext variant of a document is annoying but it isn't the end of the
world. Plaintext to review, richtext to read.

Perhaps next doc I make I'll just start in markdown/asciidoc instead of
using something like openoffice/msoffice/googledocs. That would likely help.