accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Reviewing design documents
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 16:45:52 GMT
On 3/28/14, 9:39 AM, Keith Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Sean Busbey<busbey+lists@cloudera.com>wrote:
>
>> >Aside from the occasional stability problem, I really like the idea of
>> >using ReviewBoard. It has the best option for in-context commenting amongst
>> >our options at Apache AFAICT.
>> >
> Another plus is that the inline discussion threads go w/ a version of the
> document.  Josh suggested using 378 as an experiment w/ using RB for design
> docs.  I am going to convert it to markdown and post it to RB later today.

I snarked about this on RB, but I'm really not enjoying making the
design doc using markdown so that it can be used in reviewed as
plaintext. I spent a lot of time with type formatting in a "rich text"
editor, to essentially have it all thrown away.

The localized commenting on reviewboard is nice, but making updates to
the document is definitely not fun.