accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release testing for 1.6.0
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 16:31:53 GMT
Bug fixes against 1.4.6 and 1.5.2 that aren't deemed as necessary for
1.6.0 will have no home in the 1.6 line if we don't have branches for
1.6.0 and 1.6.1.

These commits would sit in limbo in the 1.5 branch until 1.6.0 is
released and we make 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT as part of the release steps. That's
also an option.

If people want to keep putting minor bug fixes into 1.6.0, that's fine
too. I just don't want to keep throwing in changes if we're trying to
get it out of the door.