accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.5 RC-2
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 01:52:34 GMT
On 4/1/14, 9:45 PM, Mike Drob wrote:
> I did not run any tests relating to YARN. The exception sounds like
> something might be wrong with your cluster set up or possibly class-path?

This shouldn't be anything required on my end as my configuration works
just fine. Assuming the same test exists in 1.5, it required no special
modification from me when I did 1.5.1.

> As for the other tests, what kind of hardware are you running on? I have
> pretty beefy machines that I'm using for this, so maybe things are related
> to that.

8core, 32G ram. It shouldn't have any problem finishing, but this test
isn't a huge deal to me. The only concern is meeting what's stated by
the release guidelines which I believe is already satisfied (because we
don't explicitly require Apache artifacts to be used for testing).

> [...]
>> to ASF policy (IANAL nor have I read the guidelines recently).
>>
>> * Checksums/Signatures match
>> * Ingested and verified ~200M keys using the dist tarball on Apache Hadoop
>> 2.2.0
>> * Built the source (using default profile), unit tests pass, started it
>> over that instance created by the dist on Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
>> * Ran functional tests without complete success on Apache Hadoop 2.2.0.
>> I'm worried that you said they passed for you -- they must pass on CDH
>> somehow?
>>
>> Issue details
>>
>> - stress.restart.RestartLoggerLate fails -- never finishes even waiting 8
>> times the original (fix later/never)
>> - stress.msplit.MetaSplitTest fails "randomly" (fix later/never)
>> - simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest fails on a ClassNotFoundException on
>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnException (fix later?)
>> - Bounced a tserver while ingesting data. After, I noticed that a log
>> recovery entry on the monitor stuck around for ~30 minutes until the Master
>> eventually logged something about removing it forcibly. Killed the tserver
>> again, and another log recovery entry (a second one) showed up. Not a big
>> deal -- I don't want more time to be wasted on the old loggers.
>> - NOTICE still contains references to artifacts only present in wikisearch
>> not in the 1.4.5 release (at least Kryo, Protobug, Minlog, Google
>> Collections and the enwiki file).
>>
>> Mike - did you do any additional testing to verify that all of the
>> Hadoop1/Hadoop2 backports were caught?
>>

>> On 3/31/14, 5:21 PM, Mike Drob wrote:
>>
>>> Devs,
>>>
>>> Please consider the following candidate for Accumulo 1.4.5, based on git
>>> commit f7d87b6.
>>>
>>> Source: http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc2/accumulo-1.4.5
>>> -src.tar.gz
>>> Binary:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc2/
>>> accumulo-1.4.5-dist.tar.gz
>>> Checksums available at http://people.apache.org/~
>>> mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc2/
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1005
>>>
>>> All staged artifacts were build using the default profile.
>>>
>>> Signing keys available at: http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>>>
>>> The source tar was generated using:
>>>
>>> VERSION=accumulo-1.4.5
>>> COMMIT=f7d87b6
>>> git archive --prefix=${VERSION}/ -o ../${VERSION}-src.tar.gz $COMMIT
>>>
>>> All other artifacts were generated using src/assemble/build.sh
>>>

>>> Testing performed:
>>>
>>> All unit and functional tests passed using the hadoop 1 and 2 profiles.
>>> All functional tests passed using hadoop cdh3u6 (hadoop 1 branch)
>>> All functional tests passed using hadoop cdh4.5.0 (hadoop 2 branch)
>>> Functional tests passed using the default profile and hadoop cdh 4.5.0
>>> 2x 24-hr CI test + verification passed (hadoop 1 and 2)
>>> 1x 36-hr CI test + verification with agitation passed (hadoop 2)
>>> 1x 72-hr CI test with agitation completed (hadoop 2)
>>> 2x 24-hr RW tests were run without agitation.