accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.5 RC-2
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 01:11:28 GMT
+0 Mostly ok, but with reservations. My votes might change to -1
depending on whether or not the incorrect entries in NOTICE (outlined
below) violate to ASF policy (IANAL nor have I read the guidelines
recently).

* Checksums/Signatures match
* Ingested and verified ~200M keys using the dist tarball on Apache
Hadoop 2.2.0
* Built the source (using default profile), unit tests pass, started it
over that instance created by the dist on Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
* Ran functional tests without complete success on Apache Hadoop 2.2.0.
I'm worried that you said they passed for you -- they must pass on CDH
somehow?

Issue details

- stress.restart.RestartLoggerLate fails -- never finishes even waiting
8 times the original (fix later/never)
- stress.msplit.MetaSplitTest fails "randomly" (fix later/never)
- simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest fails on a ClassNotFoundException on
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnException (fix later?)
- Bounced a tserver while ingesting data. After, I noticed that a log
recovery entry on the monitor stuck around for ~30 minutes until the
Master eventually logged something about removing it forcibly. Killed
the tserver again, and another log recovery entry (a second one) showed
up. Not a big deal -- I don't want more time to be wasted on the old
loggers.
- NOTICE still contains references to artifacts only present in
wikisearch not in the 1.4.5 release (at least Kryo, Protobug, Minlog,
Google Collections and the enwiki file).

Mike - did you do any additional testing to verify that all of the
Hadoop1/Hadoop2 backports were caught?