accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject [PROPOSAL] Accumulo Blog
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:12:51 GMT
I am proposing a blog for the project to be hosted on the blogs.apache.org site. There was
a similar proposal last year on the dev list [1], but no vote or decision. Apache has a web
page with setup instructions [2], which also states that the PMC is responsible for the blog
content and for granting write access to the blog. The process for setting up a blog is easy
and defined in [2].

To move forward I think we need to resolve some items:

1. The bylaws don't define how to vote on blog content, but the default vote is in a Lazy
Approval fashion, with no defined timeframe. I’m thinking 3 days. Since the PMC is responsible
for the content, should we enforce something different, say, consensus or majority approval
from active PMC members over 3 days?

2. Guidelines for content. If we accept cross-posts from other sites or blog posts from guest
writers (non-contributors, non-committers), what rules should be enforced (PMC is responsible
for content)? For any author, can their employer or employer's products be mentioned?

3. Do the articles need to be Apache licensed?

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/accumulo-dev/201311.mbox/%3CCAD-fFU%2B7ZqoVGYMzN%3D09dv9fMSv%2BF32XbsMubsw9HTZ6n155rg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-blogs