accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:08:23 GMT
***Punctuation:

PMC section:
"PMC from a Foundation perspective is" -> "PMC, from a Foundation
perspective, is"
"Secondly " -> "Secondly, "
"long term" -> "long-term"
"not coding - but to ensure" -> "not coding, but to ensure"
"Within the ASF we worry" -> "Within the ASF, we worry"

VETOES section (comma):
"veto - merely that" -> "veto, merely that"

***Typos:

APPROVALS section (typo):
"that -1 votes" -> "than -1 votes"

***Definitions:
I would like to see "codebase" defined. It's used throughout, but is
never clearly defined... particularly in the "Adoption of New
Codebase" section of the ACTIONS section.

***Other:
In the ACTIONS section, it describes reinstatement actions, but not
removal actions, so it's not clear what reinstatement means.

It should also be made clear that the ACTIONS section is not a
comprehensive list of actions.

I'm also not sure that the "Release plan" should require a vote, as
this seems covered by the "Product release" situation. The other
actions seem to imply a vote is required for that action. Are we
saying that planning to release requires a vote? If so, I can get on
board... I just don't remember that happening in the past, so this
isn't so much a formalization of our existing practices, but also
establishing a new one as well. And, in this case, I'm not sure it's
one we need.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii