accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] MiniAccumuloCluster goals and approach
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:31:37 GMT
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/26/14, 9:23 AM, Keith Turner wrote:
>
>> That's my irk with it. The changes we made "hide" things for no other
>>> and
>>> >

>> There is a purpose.  Whats an alternative solution to the addition of
>> "public List<LogWriter> getLogWriters()" to the MAC API?
>>

> Personally, I wouldn't have really cared if such a method was added to its
> API.

 I would not want this added to the public API.

IMO, ACCUMULO-2151 has two key goals

1) keep the public API simple and well-defined for the use of people
testing against the rest of our public API

2) allowing us to leverage the codebase for our internal testing of
Accumulo.

expanding the former to help the later doesn't get us anywhere. It just
binds up what we can change in the thing we use for testing because we
exposed it to the class of users who rely on us to have a boundary for
slowing down changes.