accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey+li...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] MiniAccumuloCluster goals and approach
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:15:10 GMT
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

> As Sean said MAC was a class in 1.4.4, 1.5.0, and 1.5.1.  So making it an
> interface would break things for any users using it.  Any reorganizing of
> the implementation of MAC could easily be done after 1.6.0.  From a users
> perspective the MAC API has changed very little, even though the
> implementation has dramatically changed.

One minor point of clarification: while the MAC was backported to 1.4.4+ it
was not made a part of the public API in those releases.

I have been presuming this was an intentional compromise position. I like
the current situation and would prefer we have major additions like the MAC
released for a version before adding them to the public api (even though
this specific case was a retrofit). Still, if our intention is for MAC in
1.4 to be a part of the support api, I'll need to file a ticket and fix it.