accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey+li...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] clarification of release guide
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 16:54:35 GMT
Hi!

Our release guide[1] has some lines that I'd like to clarify.

   1. Two 24-hour periods of the randomwalk LongClean test with and without
   agitation need to be run successfully.
   2. Two 24-hour periods of continuous ingest with and without agitation
   need to be validated successfully.
   3. Two 72-hour periods of continuous ingest with and without agitation.
   No validation is necessary but the cluster should be checked to ensure it
   is still functional.

Is the intention on each of these lines to have 4 total test periods?

That is does number 1, for example, mean I need

Period 1: 24 hr LongClean with agitation
Period 2: 24 hr LongClean with agitation
Period 3: 24 hr LongClean without agitation
Period 4: 24 hr LongClean without agitation

Or is the intention for number 1 to mean:

Period 1: 24 hr LongClean with agitation
Period 2: 24 hr LongClean without agitation

Presuming we quickly have consensus, does anyone feel I'd need a [VOTE]
thread to rewrite the section to match, or would the [DISCUSS] thread be
sufficient?

-Sean

[1]: http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/releasing.html#cluster-based