accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking Accumulo
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 22:50:28 GMT
Jason,

It depends on what kind of performance you are trying to test. We have a
suite called the "continuous ingest"[1] test which basically pushes data
into a table until you tell it to stop. We have used this in the past to
get performance characteristics of write throughput between versions.

The numbers will vary wildly based on the size/hardware of your cluster, so
we generally do not publish the numbers because they are meaningless
without broader context.

I'm not sure that we have a great "read" benchmark, but spinning up a
MapReduce job is certainly an easy way to get started.

Mike

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/test/system/continuous/README