accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.5 RC-2
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 21:21:20 GMT
Devs,

Please consider the following candidate for Accumulo 1.4.5, based on git
commit f7d87b6.

Source: http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc2/accumulo-1.4.5
-src.tar.gz
Binary:
http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc2/accumulo-1.4.5-dist.tar.gz
Checksums available at http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc2/

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1005

All staged artifacts were build using the default profile.

Signing keys available at: http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS

The source tar was generated using:

VERSION=accumulo-1.4.5
COMMIT=f7d87b6
git archive --prefix=${VERSION}/ -o ../${VERSION}-src.tar.gz $COMMIT

All other artifacts were generated using src/assemble/build.sh

Testing performed:

All unit and functional tests passed using the hadoop 1 and 2 profiles.
All functional tests passed using hadoop cdh3u6 (hadoop 1 branch)
All functional tests passed using hadoop cdh4.5.0 (hadoop 2 branch)
Functional tests passed using the default profile and hadoop cdh 4.5.0
2x 24-hr CI test + verification passed (hadoop 1 and 2)
1x 36-hr CI test + verification with agitation passed (hadoop 2)
1x 72-hr CI test with agitation completed (hadoop 2)
2x 24-hr RW tests were run without agitation.
1x 24-hr RW test was run with agitation.

Changes since the previous release candidate:

Added missing license headers.
Improved the rat check used in build.sh to decrease liability of missing
licenses in the future.
Backported changes to create binary compatibility for hadoop 1/2.
Removed wikisearch issues from CHANGES.
ProblemReport needs to check for nulls on construction
bin/accumulo help should print usage

This vote will remain open for 72 hours (Until 2130 UTC, 3 Apr)

[ ] +1 - I have verified and accept these artifacts as the 1.4.5 release of
Apache Accumulo.
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 - I do not accept these artifacts as the 1.4.5 release of Apache
Accumulo because...

Thanks,
Mike