accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bylaw edits based on first vote discussion
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:57:13 GMT
I think "the ASF board removes PMC members" is misleading, so I changed it
to "PMC members can only be removed with approval from the ASF Board".  I
also added a bullet under PMC about protecting Apache trademarks, and a
link to the PMC Guide for more detailed information.  Does anyone know what
"Resolving license disputes regarding products of the project" means?  If
not, can we remove this bullet?  I'm not sure which responsibility this is
trying to highlight, so it at least needs clarification.

Otherwise, it seems to be in pretty good shape.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com>wrote:

> I took one more pass through the bylaws. Besides fixing a typo and adding a
> missing comma, the only change I made was to add a "New PMC Chair" voting
> action. This was already defined in the PMC section as requiring consensus
> approval, so I just added a row to the voting action table for it. I set
> the minimum vote period to 3 days, matching the new committer and new PMC
> member actions. A longer period would also be fine IMO.
>
> [Site publishing isn't working for me, but you can see the changes in CMS
> or at the staging URL: http://accumulo.staging.apache.org/bylaws.html]
>
> I'll tentatively plan to call a vote on Thursday. Thanks, everyone!
>

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey+lists@cloudera.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Excellent. Thank you Christopher!
> >
> > -Sean
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Sean-
> > >
> > > I took care of it; used the neutral "their".
> > >
> > > --
> > > Christopher L Tubbs II
> > > http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
> > >

> > > On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Sean Busbey <
> busbey+lists@cloudera.com>
> > do

> > bhavanki@clouderagovt.com

> > this