accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo site Bootstrapped
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:57:03 GMT
Hi Miguel!

An easy way to get involved would be just to look through the site and see
if there are any problems with it. Most of the content is generated from
Markdown automatically, and maybe some of it looks weird under Bootstrap.

To go deeper, you can take a look at the source for the site by checking
out the branch using Subversion. I think anonymous checkout is permitted.

In order to build the site from source you need to install the ASF CMS
system. Instructions are online [1]. It's not trivial, but it isn't overly
difficult IMO. I set it up in an Ubuntu VM.

If you have CMS set up, you can make changes locally and build your own
copy of the site to see how it looks.

I think that filing JIRAs with suggested changes would be a good idea,
since that lets everyone attach patches, screenshots, and the like.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#local-build

Bill

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Miguel Pereira
<miguelapereira1@gmail.com>wrote:

> This is looking great Bill :) How do we get involved?
>

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com
> >wrote:
>
> > That's easy to do, yes. Bootstrap uses a 12-column grid system, so we can
> > squeeze the body into a smaller portion of that grid. We can also set
> > margins.
> >
> > Another idea, of course, is to use some of that horizontal space for side
> > column content.
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Mike Drob <madrob@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there an easy (and global) way to shrink the width? Long lines of
> text
> > > are difficult to read.
> > >

> > > On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Bill Havanki <
> bhavanki@clouderagovt.com

> > Some

> > better.
> > branch