accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Bylaw edits based on first vote discussion
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:55:29 GMT
Hello all,

I have updated our proposed bylaws to account for feedback that arose from
the first vote. Here is the link:

http://accumulo.apache.org/bylaws.html

The following is a summary of my updates. There was a lot of (excellent)
discussion, so please do point out unintentional omissions,
misinterpretations, or errors that are somewhat likely to be there. :)

- Fixed punctuation errors and typos noticed by Christopher.
- Voting action changes:
  - Noted that new actions may be added as needed to the list
  - Changed the release plan action to lazy consensus, falling back to
majority approval)
  - Added release plan cancellation (re-plan) action, majority approval
  - Clarified difference between release plan and product release actions
  - Defined "codebase" using Mike's definition
  - Noted that committer and PMC removal actions are intentionally not
defined, with references
- Added release manager role section
- Added release plan section, with content definition based on Mike's list
  - Noted specifically that dates in release plans are estimates

I punted on laying out release guidelines, as we have a page for those [1]
that I could defer to.

I also punted on version numbering, just for now. As with other issues, I
can certainly see that as a worthwhile later addition.

Thank you in advance for reviewing. I'm hopeful that we can call a second
vote by next week.

[1] http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/releasing.html

--
// Bill Havanki