accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: Bylaw edits based on first vote discussion
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:08:32 GMT
The "resolving license disputes" bullet is from the original boilerplate
copied from ZooKeeper, so if it does not apply or make sense to us, +1 to
dropping it.

I like the verbiage about how undefined voting actions should be run. I
wouldn't want a needed vote to be held up because we need to update the
bylaws first.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Billie Rinaldi
<billie.rinaldi@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think "the ASF board removes PMC members" is misleading, so I changed it
> to "PMC members can only be removed with approval from the ASF Board".  I
> also added a bullet under PMC about protecting Apache trademarks, and a
> link to the PMC Guide for more detailed information.  Does anyone know what
> "Resolving license disputes regarding products of the project" means?  If
> not, can we remove this bullet?  I'm not sure which responsibility this is
> trying to highlight, so it at least needs clarification.
>
> Otherwise, it seems to be in pretty good shape.
>

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I took one more pass through the bylaws. Besides fixing a typo and
> adding a
> > missing comma, the only change I made was to add a "New PMC Chair" voting
> > action. This was already defined in the PMC section as requiring
> consensus
> > approval, so I just added a row to the voting action table for it. I set
> > the minimum vote period to 3 days, matching the new committer and new PMC
> > member actions. A longer period would also be fine IMO.
> >
> > [Site publishing isn't working for me, but you can see the changes in CMS
> > or at the staging URL: http://accumulo.staging.apache.org/bylaws.html]
> >
> > I'll tentatively plan to call a vote on Thursday. Thanks, everyone!
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey+lists@cloudera.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Excellent. Thank you Christopher!
> > >
> > > -Sean