accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo site Bootstrapped
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:37:30 GMT
Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming :)

The 1.4 and 1.5 manual links definitely need help, but they are easy to
clean up for sure (when I said I left some parts messy, I was thinking of
those). I'm going to convert the nav menu from the current vertical style
to a horizontal one with dropdowns - that will be more compact and allow
for submenus. It will also free up horizontal space for side content like
download buttons, news items, cat pictures, or whatever.

Mike: The page content can still be Markdown, with very few changes. All of
the big changes occur in the "skeleton" of the page which wraps the
Markdown content, like including CSS and JS, defining the nav menu, header,
and footer, etc.

Josh: Sure, glad for any help! Getting this converted for 1.6.0 would be
easy. One question I have is how we could serve up a converted beta site
for this while leaving the production one alone. Does the Apache web
framework support that somehow?

Bill

--
// Bill Havanki