accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.5 RC-1
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 01:40:13 GMT
Oh.. really? That's kind of crappy -- we don't have that precedent
anywhere else, and, tbh, I think having a single artifact makes a much
better product overall (dealing with maven classifiers is horrid, not to
mention the "which tarball do I use?" problem).

Is this just something extra reflection that would need to be backported
from upstream to make the recompilation unnecessary?

On 3/26/14, 6:35 PM, Sean Busbey wrote:
> 1.4.5 still requires building with the different Hadoop profiles if you
> want Hadoop 2 to work.
>
> So tests on Hadoop 2 mapreduce, including CDH4, will fail given artifacts
> made with the default profile or the Hadoop 1 profile. (As an aside, this
> is why I asked which profile built the binaries.)
> On Mar 26, 2014 8:25 PM, "Josh Elser" <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Overall -1 for the license issue Billie mentioned, the incorrect CHANGES,
>> and the functional test failures against Apache Hadoop 2.
>>
>> I also had functional test failures with Hadoop 2 regarding MapReduce --
>> is JobContext still an interface in cdh4 whereas it's a class in Apache? I
>> would assume that 1.4 should be passing against Apache 1 and 2 versions,
>> same as we would with 1.5 and 1.6?
>>
>> Summary of what I've done:
>>
>> - Successfully built src tarball.
>>
>> - CHANGES file is incorrect. It contains fixes that were not done (2520,
>> 2523, 2500). Also, I don't think the Wikisearch related tickets should be
>> included in CHANGES as they don't involve any code change inside of
>> Accumulo 1.4.5
>>
>> - Using a tarball built by the src bundle, on Centos6.5 with OpenJDK7, I
>> installed, built native maps, started, wrote some data, stopped with an
>> early Hadoop 2.4 build and ZooKeeper 3.4.5
>>
>> - MD5 checksums are weird (generated via GPG according to Mike). They're
>> not in the format I'm used to seeing:
>>
>> I'm used to: fae2ac91eb3553f71720d27370a992b8  accumulo-1.4.5-dist.tar.gz
>> Provided: accumulo-1.4.5-dist.tar.gz: FA E2 AC 91 EB 35 53 F7  17 20 D2 73
>> 70 A9 92 B8
>>
>> - For future RCs, it would nice to provide a single file with checksums
>> that can be passed directly to `md5sum -c` and `sha1sum -c`. Also, no SHA1
>> sums?
>>
>> - GPG sigs look good.
>>
>> - Verified bin tarball contains native libs. Started/stopped with same
>> hadoop/zookeeper versions previously stated.
>>
>> - Had to update auto-tests to match the same example general.classpaths so
>> they'd find Hadoop jars more reliably. Looks like some tests still don't
>> pass with Hadoop2 (simple.examples.Examples fails about JobContext being a
>> class instead of an interface). simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest appears to
>> have failed too.
>>
>> - simple.shell.ShellTest also failed on the initial run, but successfully
>> passed when re-run. simple.merge.MergeTest appears to fail consistently,
>> I'll file a ticket for both.
>>
>> On 3/24/14, 1:35 PM, Mike Drob wrote:
>>
>>> Devs,
>>>
>>> Please consider the following candidate for Accumulo 1.4.5, based on git
>>> commit fffe84c.
>>>
>>> Source:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc1/
>>> accumulo-1.4.5-src.tar.gz
>>> Binary:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc1/
>>> accumulo-1.4.5-dist.tar.gz
>>> Checksums available at http://people.apache.org/~
>>> mdrob/accumulo-1.4.5-rc1/
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1004
>>>

>>> The source tar was generated using:
>>>
>>> VERSION=accumulo-1.4.5
>>> COMMIT=fffe84c
>>> git archive --prefix=${VERSION}/ -o ../${VERSION}-src.tar.gz $COMMIT
>>>
>>> All other artifacts were generated using src/assemble/build.sh
>>>

>>> Testing performed:
>>>
>>> All unit and functional tests passed using the hadoop 1 and 2 profiles.
>>> All functional tests passed using hadoop cdh3u6 (hadoop 1 branch)
>>> All functional tests passed using hadoop cdh4.5.0 (hadoop 2 branch)
>>> 2x 24-hr CI test + verification passed (hadoop 1 and 2)
>>> 1x 36-hr CI test + verification with agitation passed (hadoop 2)
>>> 1x 72-hr CI test with agitation completed (hadoop 2)
>>> 2x 24-hr RW tests were run without agitation.