accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.5 RC-1
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 01:24:44 GMT
Overall -1 for the license issue Billie mentioned, the incorrect
CHANGES, and the functional test failures against Apache Hadoop 2.

I also had functional test failures with Hadoop 2 regarding MapReduce --
is JobContext still an interface in cdh4 whereas it's a class in Apache?
I would assume that 1.4 should be passing against Apache 1 and 2
versions, same as we would with 1.5 and 1.6?

Summary of what I've done:

- Successfully built src tarball.

- CHANGES file is incorrect. It contains fixes that were not done (2520,
2523, 2500). Also, I don't think the Wikisearch related tickets should
be included in CHANGES as they don't involve any code change inside of
Accumulo 1.4.5

- Using a tarball built by the src bundle, on Centos6.5 with OpenJDK7, I
installed, built native maps, started, wrote some data, stopped with an
early Hadoop 2.4 build and ZooKeeper 3.4.5

- MD5 checksums are weird (generated via GPG according to Mike). They're
not in the format I'm used to seeing:

I'm used to: fae2ac91eb3553f71720d27370a992b8  accumulo-1.4.5-dist.tar.gz
Provided: accumulo-1.4.5-dist.tar.gz: FA E2 AC 91 EB 35 53 F7  17 20 D2
73 70 A9 92 B8

- For future RCs, it would nice to provide a single file with checksums
that can be passed directly to `md5sum -c` and `sha1sum -c`. Also, no
SHA1 sums?

- GPG sigs look good.

- Verified bin tarball contains native libs. Started/stopped with same
hadoop/zookeeper versions previously stated.

- Had to update auto-tests to match the same example general.classpaths
so they'd find Hadoop jars more reliably. Looks like some tests still
don't pass with Hadoop2 (simple.examples.Examples fails about JobContext
being a class instead of an interface). simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest
appears to have failed too.

- simple.shell.ShellTest also failed on the initial run, but
successfully passed when re-run. simple.merge.MergeTest appears to fail
consistently, I'll file a ticket for both.