accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] MiniAccumuloCluster goals and approach
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:05:52 GMT
On 3/26/14, 10:57 AM, Keith Turner wrote:
> Can you give an example of what you are thinking of? I don't understand you
> viewpoint either

Sure. One limitation of MAC, in general as a testing harness, is that it
doesn't adequately exercise multi-node implementations. You can run
multiple tservers, but they are all on the same host which limits the
validity of a "robust" test. This is my immediate goal.

Multi-node deployments are capable using something like Mesos or Yarn.
Given that there is already functioning support to deploy Accumulo on
Yarn, this was my goal.

My goal is to be able to have the ability to run all of our
AbstractMacIT implementations against "real" hardware without changing a
single line of test code (ok - maybe a line or two to do injection of
the MAC implementation). The point is, I believe there could be a huge
testing gain from being able to write tests which leverage yarn, have
the same programmatic configuration API from MAC, and provide near
"real" Accumulo semantics.