accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking Accumulo
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 20:42:28 GMT
Definitely a good idea, Jeremy. Performance numbers always benefit the
community -- I'd love to make sure they get published prominently on the
Accumulo site.

While the value of a benchmark is really only in the workload it
performs, a good benchmark can be decomposed into a base set of
operations which should be generally applicable. I don't agree that
benchmarking Accumulo with D4M is only valid if you then use D4M.

As long as you state your performance requirements in a way that's
comparable to your benchmark, that's all that really matters.