accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Kepner <kep...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Benchmarking Accumulo
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 20:35:39 GMT
Benchmarking Accumulo generally makes it look very good when
compared to competing technologies and so benchmarking is good for the Accumulo
community.

For any particular application, standard benchmarks can
be very helpful to verify your system is performing correctly.

If we have a performance issue with a system, often the first thing
we will do is run a benchmark on it to determine if the issue
is with the system or how are application is using the system.