accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <joey...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaws
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:35:35 GMT
"Emeritus" is not an official ASF designation. As far as the ASF is
concerned, you're either a Committer, a PMC member, or both, or not at all.

The reason other projects use the emeritus designation is to avoid
overstating active involvement. An "emeritus" member does not lose any
privileges as far as ASF is concerned. If you want to remove privileges, I
believe that the PMC has to vote to that effect.

-Joey