accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC2
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 21:57:14 GMT
A somewhat more formal way of "extending" the vote would be to simply
retract/cancel this vote (or let it lapse with no votes), and just
re-issue another vote with identical artifacts at a more opportune
time. I point this out for two reasons:

1) I don't want to undermine Josh's work to create this release
candidate. He shouldn't have to do that again if nothing has changed
and we just need more time to review. And,

2) The vote was called with a 72hr. notice, and changing that after
the fact is probably a bit questionable. We can achieve the same
effect without modifying the characteristics of the vote, by simply
calling a new vote, identical to this one, later.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii