accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC2
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:29:04 GMT
Either way works for me.

I was just suggesting a more formal approach in the absence of bylaws
that explicitly permit extensions. The general concern, I suppose, is
that vote extensions could be used to manipulate to a desired outcome
in a majority approval scheme... so having the vote conditions fixed
at the time it is announced prevents that. I don't think that's a
serious concern, though... especially since we all have the same goal
of producing a quality release, and preventing one that falls short of
that.

With the bylaws in place, things are simpler, because we'd have
already agreed on those bylaws, and wouldn't need to do anything
silly, like vote on whether to allow a vote extension in the first
place (which would get obnoxious).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii