accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:53:40 GMT
If you just want to quickly start writing code against Accumulo, one option
may be to use the new accumulo maven archetype.  This will generate an
accumulo project that builds and runs example code against
MiniAccumuloCluster.   MiniAccumuloCluster is java code that spawns a local
Accumulo instance for testing.  It should run nicely on a laptop.  Below is
the command to generate a sample maven project that uses
MiniAccumuloCluster.

mvn -DarchetypeArtifactId=accumulo-instamo-archetype
-DarchetypeVersion=1.4.4 -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.accumulo
 -DinteractiveMode=false archetype:generate