accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC2
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:53:05 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> I said it in the other email chain, but we have *no* firm guidelines on
> what should be present in that CHANGES file. I think this is the
> fundamental problem here. The expectations of each individual can't be
> managed because we don't have a consensus on what should actually exist in
> that file.

We do have the 1.4 release notes which serve as a defacto standard. No one
has raised a good reason to differ from 1.4 in this case.  We certainly can
not take everyones personal preference into account.  However I think the
information loss in the release notes is more of an objective concern than
something like the formatting of the file.

> I don't see that meriting a -1, personally as the changes for 1.5.1 as
> correctly advertised, but the concern is shared.

At first I was not sure about voting -1 over the CHANGES file.   When a
user goes to download 1.5.1, there is a good chance that his file will be
the first thing they look at (and I think its currently very confusing).
This is what makes the decision for me.

-1