accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 17:17:06 GMT
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM, cprigano <chris.p.rigano@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Keith, this sounds good. Can I still use netbeans to develop accumulo
> applications? Could I install on linux mint-15?

I use eclipse, so I  am not sure.  Eclipse has nice support for importing
maven projects.   If netbeans has this, then use the command I sent to
generate the maven project and then import it into netbeans.

I would expect it work on any recent linux distro.  If does not we would
like to hear about it.

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Keith Turner [via Apache Accumulo] <
> ml-node+s1065345n7422h35@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
> > If you just want to quickly start writing code against Accumulo, one
> > option
> > may be to use the new accumulo maven archetype.  This will generate an
> > accumulo project that builds and runs example code against
> > MiniAccumuloCluster.   MiniAccumuloCluster is java code that spawns a
> > local
> > Accumulo instance for testing.  It should run nicely on a laptop.  Below
> > is
> > the command to generate a sample maven project that uses
> > MiniAccumuloCluster.
> >
> > mvn -DarchetypeArtifactId=accumulo-instamo-archetype
> > -DarchetypeVersion=1.4.4 -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.accumulo
> >  -DinteractiveMode=false archetype:generate
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM, cprigano <[hidden email]<
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I tried CENTOS with CHD5 but it is sooo slow. I only want a single node
> > > start prototyping stuff in accumulo... suggestions
> > >

> > > On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM, Chris Rigano <[hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7422&i=1>

> > uses

> vendor

> > > http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7393&i=0>>

> problems

> > org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.helloworld.InsertWithOutputFormat

> > > "org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.helloworld.InsertWithOutputFormat"

> org.apache.accumulo.core.util.ContextFactory.createTaskAttemptContext(ContextFactory.java:131)

> org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.helloworld.InsertWithOutputFormat.run(InsertWithOutputFormat.java:56)

at