accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey+li...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Updating planned release dates
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 00:42:22 GMT
Right now, Jira lists the following scheduled release dates:

* 1.5.1 : 2013-07-24
* 1.4.5 : 2013-10-31
* 1.6.0 : 2013-11-24

I'd like to update these to reflect when we currently think things are
likely to complete.

Here's my WAG:

* 1.5.1 : 2014-02-28
* 1.4.5 : 2014-03-19
* 1.6.0 : 2014-05-29

My reasoning:

* 1.5.1 RC2 failed due to a miscommunication, RC3 is unlikely to have issues
* AFAIK, 1.4.5 still needs to go through most of the long run tests and
that will take time. I'd like to wait to start until we have lessons from
the 1.5.1 release in hand.
* 1.6.0 still has a ton of tickets, that date is based on a net burn down
rate of just over 1 per business day (after adjusting for the time it takes
to do tests)

Thoughts?

-Sean