accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaws
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:56:53 GMT
I would like to think that the ASF would prevent us from doing something
incredibly stupid, because we have to refer removal votes to them anyway.
What problem are you trying to address, Dave? Both unanimous votes to
remove, and lazy consensus vote to re-instate can be ground to a halt by a
single voice of reason.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:53 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> Because there may, someday (ideally never), be someone who needs to removed
> who should not be granted access back.
>

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:46 PM, <dlmarion@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > We are not removing them as a committer, we are just revoking their
> commit
> > access to the code repo due to inactivity. I agree with consensus for
> > removing them as a committer in general, but not for revoking commit
> access
> > due to inactivity. I would imagine that all they have to do to regain
> their
> > access is send an email to the list saying, "I tried to commit a code
> > change
> > but could not login."

something, using
could push it to

> [...]