accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC1
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:03:44 GMT
Ok, after chatting with you off list, I figured out where my confusion was.
You built against the default profile (Hadoop 1) and then ran those
artifacts on a Hadoop 2.2.0 cluster. I am happy with that testing
configuration.

My initial impression was that you built against Hadoop 2, tested against
Hadoop 2.2.0, and uploaded Hadoop 1 binaries.

I'll vote after I get a chance to run through some more tests. Thanks for
putting this together, Josh!

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ack -
>
> No, these jars are not the same, because testing was about a 3-4 week
> endeavor. As such, multiple bug fixes were applied to the code base to fix
> test cases. So, no: the jars were not the same; however, the changes that
> were made across these tests that I run were of little consequence.
>
> I can provide you the SHA1's from each test I ran if you want
> cross-reference each test with the changes that were made.
>

> On 2/5/14, 11:35 AM, Josh Elser wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> On 2/5/14, 11:31 AM, Mike Drob wrote:
>>
>>> Are the jars in the repository the same ones that got loaded onto your
>>> clusters for testing?
>>>

>>> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  No, the jars in the repo were built against the default profile. I

Git tag