accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CHANGES Documents
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:53:51 GMT
I think generated CHANGES files are a disservice to the reader.

A short list of the major differences from the last release should be given.

For a bug release, a short list of the critical bugs should be given after
the .0 release.

So, 1.4.1 would list the 1.4.0 features, and the critical bugs that caused
the 1.4.1 release to be made.
1.4.2 would list 1.4.0 features, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 critical bug fixes.

Basically, I want to quickly understand if I should upgrade (or not).

If people want the full list, they can get it from JIRA.

I would also be fine with a CHANGES file with a URL reference to JIRA.

I personally would not down-vote a release because it has an accurate
CHANGES file, but not the content I think it should have.

-Eric