accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Randomwalk unbalanced servers - still an issue?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 16:50:52 GMT
While running 1.5.1 rc1 through randomwalk I hit a failure in the
Concurrent test due to the tablet servers being "unbalanced". See
ACCUMULO-2198 for some background on the last time I ran into this.

What is the general feeling on dealing with this failure? Is a 15-minute
period too short to wait for balancing, or three consecutive failures too
few to allow? I'm using only a 7-node cluster with 5 tservers, maybe an
unbalanced condition is more tolerable then?

The parameters defining "unbalanced" aren't configurable at the moment, and
I'm inclined to file a JIRA to make them so, to shepherd the test through,
but I'd love to hear what you think about the importance and proper
parameters for this check.

Thanks,
Bill