accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] CHANGES Documents
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:30:32 GMT
The CHANGES document that is included in an Accumulo release contains
some set of changes from a previous release which presently contain the
following information:

1) Issue Type (Task, Bug, Feature, etc)
2) Issue Number (ACCUMULO-1234)
3) Issue Subject

There have been various preferences expressed, primarily over IRC, on
which changes should be contained and how they should be formatted. The
largest consensus, and what I believe we should do, is as follows:

Entries in a CHANGES file should contain issues, delimited by minor
version within the major version[1], grouped by issue type. The minor
version changes sorted be sorted in reverse order (e.g. 1.5.2, 1.5.1,
then 1.5.0). Changes from the previous major version (e.g. 1.4.x) would
*not* be included in this CHANGES file.

Opinions? The results of this discussion will be documented on the
release-making page[2] of the website for future reference.

- Josh

[1] Major and minor version here is referred to as Y and Z of version
strings of the form: X.Y.Z (not as prescribed by semver, proper)
[2] http://accumulo.apache.org/releasing.html