accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do I need to set the Java Platform (JDK) in netbeans if I am using the Pom.xml in accumulo-1.4.3?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:35:48 GMT
No, you don't need to.

Currently, all versions of Accumulo are still guaranteed to work against
1.6. So, if you hypothetically contributed anything back to Accumulo,
you would need to make sure that it runs on a 1.6 JVM. As such, it's a
good idea to ensure that you're building with a 1.6 JVM, but not a
requirement if you're just developing things locally for yourself.