accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Randomwalk unbalanced servers - still an issue?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:25:34 GMT
Interesting - I think I might have run into that once a whole bunch of
RW runs.

I assume you didn't change the agitation intervals from what's in the
example? The parameters as they stand are, I think, acceptable. Being
unbalanced for that long doesn't seem right. Did you identify why you
were unbalanced?

I'm not sure making that configurable is good either as you're now
skewing one randomwalk test to another (in addition to the variance you
already have from resources available).

Personally, if you run into this, and you can identify that there was a
legitimate reason to be unbalanced across that time and those checks,
I'd be more in favor of just restarting that RW client.