accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Nehal Mehta <nehal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Row level visibility
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 04:44:17 GMT
Thanks for all information.

But VisibilityConstraint disallows user writing data that it cannot see.
Correct me if I am wrong.

In our use case as mentioned above, we want one set of user who can still
read/access that data but not update it. So each cell we need to store read
as well as write visibility. We cannot have one single environment based
constraint.  Do you people know if anyone else in community requires such
visibility granularity?

Thanks,
Nehal