accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Nehal Mehta <nehal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Row level visibility
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 04:26:03 GMT
We have ported graph database Titan <http://titan.thinkaurelius.com/> to
use accumulo as storage engine. In graph, suppose we have N number of
nodes. We want one set of users to create edges connecting those nodes. We
want other users to add more edges using already created edges/nodes to
same group. but not able to update those edges as they may not have
permission to those.

Our graph would end up having billions of edges, so can't have them their
own tables as retrieving from those tables would be even complex.  So yes
"One set of owner, larger set of consumer" set up is required to have that.

Thanks,
Nehal