accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Nehal Mehta <nehal...@gmail.com>
Subject Row level visibility
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 00:51:20 GMT
Hi,

Is accumulo considering row level visibility for read and write (updates).
Basically in one of our application we want user to insert rows with
different visibility options for updating that row vs reading that row. We
want one role to be restricted to just read that row but another special
role to update as well as read that row.

By having read and update visibility accumulo can expose more rows as there
is no fear of them being updated.

I am relatively new user of accumulo and if this is already discussed in
past, can anyone guide me to that discussion?

Thanks,
Nehal