accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Vikram Srivastava <vikr...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo rolling restart
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 03:00:32 GMT
Thanks for the replies. Couple of follow up questions -
1. What would the client experience during safe shutdown? Both a new client
trying to read a tablet on the TServer going down, and an existing client
reading a table on the TServer that's going down.
2. The reason I wanted to know about a method for controlled re-assignment
while both TServers are running is so that I can bring the tablets back to
the original TServer, thereby ensuring that each tablet is unavailable only
once during the entire rolling restart process. If there is no such method
currently, I'd be happy to file a jira.