accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey+li...@cloudera.com>
Subject Current status on getting to a release for 1.6.0
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:14:44 GMT
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to get an estimate of when 1.6.0 will be ready for RC.

If you have a few moments, could you take a look at the remaining open
tickets[1] and call out any that you would consider a blocker?

The one that immediately jumps to mind is ACCUMULO-118 and its related
subtasks.

Keith and Eric, I think y'all have been the most affiliated with that work
to date. How stable / burned in do you want the HDFS-spanning feature to be
before it goes into a release? Could we scope it down and consider the
initial release of it a preview?

Christopher, could ACCUMULO-2140 just get a known issue note for 1.6.0 that
clients should not be run during an upgrade?

[1]: http://s.apache.org/ACr

-Sean